Subject: Re: Ignored Problem?
To: Armen Babikyan <synapse@lethargy.mit.edu>
From: Josh Hope <otaku@unixgeek.ml.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/04/1997 21:08:32
I'm sorry, but I absolutely positively DO need the SBC drivers. I have
tried the newer ncrscsi drivers with no success at all. They totally trash
my EZ drive...

Thanks anyways, though!

On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Armen Babikyan wrote:

> I have a IIvx that i use 1.2 generic (ncrscsi) #0 on for awhile.
> the next kernel i found that worked on my IIvx was genericsbc#26. now, i
> currently am using generic (ncrscsi) #47 with no problems. the sbc #47 did
> not boot on my machines and made it hang at the options= line. i remembr
> niether sbc nor scsi #44 would boot on my IIvx, so something must have
> changed since then that made it work. i also used the new booter.
> so, unless your drives *need* sbc, try ncrscsi#47, cause it works like a
> charm on my IIvx. uptime is 19 days now.
> good luck,
>   - a
>
> On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Josh Hope wrote:
>
> > So this is just another case of Apple not giving us enough information on
> > these SCSI drivers?
> >
> > Maybe we could look back at the changes done between SBC 26 and SBC 27
> > that lasted in the SBC series up until the current SBC? Maybe we could
> > trace the problem or something?
> >
> > It just seems like a run away problem. I mean, we're up to the 50's in
> > kernel numbers, aren't we? :)
> >
> > I'd really like to use a newer kernel, with some bug fixes (i.e. the one
> > that prevents that nasty freezing bug I experienced earlier)...and it'd be
> > nicer to be able to upgrade to a more recent snapshot, but the last time I
> > did that, my kernel was way too out of sync with the binaries and it
> > caused numerous problems...
> >
> > Well, thanks to everyone...

Josh Hope                                          root@unixgeek.ml.org
UNIX System Administrator                        http://unixgeek.ml.org
'Endless roll the waters past!                        - Lay of Leithian
To this my love hath come at last,                    - Lines 1220-1223
enchanted waters pitiless,                           By: J.R.R. Tolkien
a heartache and a loneliness.'