Subject: Re: CS Ethernet (whoops!)
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/04/1997 16:58:56
	I meant to send this to the list, but I guess I just sent it to
Allen... so I'll forward it ;-)

On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Allen Briggs wrote:

> > 	Just curious... have you made anymore headway with CS Ethernet?
>
> No.  I think it'll work as soon as someone comes up with the proper code
> for clearing the internal video interrupt on the 630.

	Thanks to Allen's efforts my Q630's CS Ethernet card is (we think)
properly identified and initialized by NetBSD at boottime, and will accept
an ifconfig to set it to an IP... but whenever I try to ping the machine
from another on my net I get a kernel message: Tx - lost interrupt. And
the machine doesn't reply. When I try pinging my IIci that runs NetBSD I
get the same "Tx - lost interrupt" message, and then ping tells me that
the machine is down.... yet when I ping the machine from my Powerbook all
packets are recieved (quite quickly I may add... I'm still giddy about my
still-new-to-me ethernet network ;-))

	Allen tells me that he thinks the card would work if we could find
the interrupt for the Q630/LC630 internal video interrupts and clear them.
Unfortunately, Allen doesn't have access to a 630, and I don't have the
experience with m68k assembly to be able to know what I'm looking for, but
if anyone else out there in NetBSDland has either a Q630/LC630 (or the
equivalent Performa?) and knows how to go about hunting down interrupts,
or if someone has the patience to walk me through it I'd be glad for the
experience and to get my ethernet card working. Unfortunately, I work some
pretty wacky hours so progress might be slow at best. But, even if someone
can just point me in the right direction and give me something to look
for, I'll take apart this thing register by register until it submits ;-)

	Thanks again to Allen for his help  so far, and to Michael Zucca.
And TIA for any help forthcoming ;-) On a bright note my IIci had almost 3
weeks of uptime without a crash, until I rebooted it to try to get color X
working ;-)

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!