Subject: Re: Ignored Problem?
To: E. Seth Miller <esmiller@engin.umich.edu>
From: Josh Hope <otaku@unixgeek.ml.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/04/1997 06:04:04
The Performa 600 does not have an FPU and it does not have a cache, you
are right in these respects. The FPU and cache are optional, and my model
doesn't have them...

But how would any of this cause the problem I discussed in my previous
e-mail? Why would the machine stop working with SBC kernels greater than
26? As I said previously, it DOES work with all normal kernels I've
tested, but they end up eating my EZ drive...

It's just the SBC kernels. Could this be due to a change in the SBC SCSI
driver?

Thanks a lot, I hope we can finally find an answer to this enigma that's
been bothering me for almost a year now...

Josh Hope                                          root@unixgeek.ml.org
UNIX System Administrator                        http://unixgeek.ml.org
'Endless roll the waters past!                        - Lay of Leithian
To this my love hath come at last,                    - Lines 1220-1223
enchanted waters pitiless,                           By: J.R.R. Tolkien
a heartache and a loneliness.'