Subject: Re: DeleGate (was Re: Local server???)
To: None <pretender@hemingway.macstore.com>
From: Shunsuke Masuda <mi-nami@mahoroba.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/04/1997 05:22:53
Good morning,

From: Charles Sebold <pretender@mail.macstore.com>
Subject: DeleGate (was Re: Local server???)
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 11:39:32 -0600

> Are you actually running this?  I ask because I am wondering if it is as
> complicated as it looks (I just downloaded the manual and glanced through
> it).  I think setting up IP-NAT would be easier, although I could see uses

Yes,I'm running it on NetBSD1.3ALPHA/mac68k.
 # delegated -P8080 SERVER=http://-/-/
is enough to see web pages from the other machine.
 # delegated -P119 SERVER=nntp://news.foo.bar/
for news,and so on.

I agree with you that setting up IP-NAT would be easier because of
its automatism and transparency. The reason I offered Delegate is
just that I don't know how to set up IP-NAT on NetBSD/mac68k.

Would you please tell me where I can find HOW-TO documents about
IP-NAT on NetBSD/mac68k?

I've got sources of IIJ-PPP(uses tun instead of ppp) from FreeBSD,
applied a patch for NAT and on-demand dialing(
 <http://www2a.meshnet.or.jp/~junichi/freebsd/lowtech/nat-e.html>),
modified some. It works as IP-NAT. I've not tested on-demand-dialing.
But making it fully functional will need rewriting if_tun.h and
if_tun.c, so I don't like this way. Delegate doesn't require NAT nor
modifing system sources such as /usr/include/*.

Sorry if you find impolite or rude expressions in my messages.
I'm not familiar with English language.

Shunsuke Masuda