Subject: Re: 1.3beta test report
To: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
From: wb2oyc <WB2OYC@BELLATLANTIC.NET>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/03/1997 21:56:06
>	Interesting. To help me diagnose this problem:
Hi Nigel,

>1) What video card are you using? Does it require any extensions to work?

Its a Mac II Hi Res card.  No.

>2) The Booter should put up a little message in its text window saying
>   that it is changing the screen resolution. Does it do that on the times
>   it fails? (turning "Log debugging to file" in the "Startup" dialog may
>   help you to notice this)

Hmmm, yes, I think so, but now that you ask I'm not certain that it does
show up when the fault happens....should be easy enough to catch it since
it never gets to clearing the Mac screen when this happens it'll still be
there....Its about due to happen again, so when it does I'll remember to
look for it so I can tell you.

Plus, I don't recall if it did it before I set it to set the screen to
1 bit or not.  Originally, I was using it booting into NetBSD in 256 mode
but that is hard to use the console with this card since it comes up in
gray on white (!), plus then dt doesn't work.  But I really don't think
it ever did it set that way.

Paul