Subject: Re: Local server???
To: Shunsuke Masuda <mi-nami@mahoroba.or.jp>
From: Nikolai Vladychevski <niko@netspace.com.mx>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/03/1997 16:19:27
>> I don't really know the correct terminology to ask this question, it's
>> probably already
>> been asked I just don't know what I was looking at.
>>
>> I have a PowerMac 7600 and an SE/30 running netBSD 1.2.1. I would like to
>> have one
>> connection to the internet via PPP on one machine and let the other one
>> access the
>> net through the PPP of the first machine. What do I do?
I think you should  get the current kernel wich support IP masquerading
(or maybe NetBSD 1.3)
and connect to your ISP with ppp on SE 30, then use a Mac serial cable to
establish a ppp
conection to the PowerMac, you would type this:
pppd tty0? 57600 passive "192.168.1.1:192.168.1.2"

I did not tryed this because I can't use current kernel on my machine,
but
I am sure if you man pppd and read about IP masquerading you could make
it work

Nikolai

>> Thanks,
>> -Mark

Nikolai Vladychevskii, niko@netspace.com.mx
Another mad Java Developer
Dom Software. +52 (72) 13-2642 Toluca, Mex.

"Only Ice Cream Has 31 Flavors"