Subject: Re: whats wrong here? anyone?
To: wb2oyc <WB2OYC@bellatlantic.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@landau.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/03/1997 12:18:19
On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, wb2oyc wrote:

>  It should be interesting to hear what
> Dave may have to say about what RFC1323 is about.

well, I'm not Dave, but RFC1323, among other things, adds extra headers to
IP packets to do some of its magic. Among other things, packets get time
stamped. I remember Noud had quite a bit of difficulty a few years ago
ppp-ing & getting slow ftp's, and turning off rfc1323 sped things up.

> No I didn't.  I was using the generic kernel, so X wasn't there.  And,

The GENERIC NetBSD kernel? It suports X. It just doesn't support color X.
It will do monochrome quite nicely.

Take care,

Bill