Subject: Re: color LKM...
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/03/1997 14:33:41
On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Colin Wood wrote:

> SamMaEl wrote:
> >

> > 	Well, I tried Colin's patched lkm from ftp.macbsd.com and it made
> > my puter go crash bang boom! ;-) It gets to the lkm loading just fine, but
> > it gives the following messages before crashing into the kernel debugger:
> >
> > video_lkm_combined: Possible modes: 0x80 0x81 0x82 0x83
> > Kernel Illegal Instruction Trap.
> > trap: type 0x2, code 0x0, v 0x0
> > Kernel: Illegal Instruction trap
> > pid = 141, pc = 00000028, ps = 2008, sfc = 1, dfc = 1
> > Registers:
>
> What depth did you boot in?  What kernel are you using?  What kind of
> video card?

	Booted in both 1 bit and 8 bit. Using the GENERIC-47 kernel with a
1.3_ALPHA snapshot on a Mac IIci. Radius PrecisionColor 8 Nubus video
card... works fine with 1bit X, dt and regular console. I seem to remember
it being on the list of supported video cards...

> > 	Anyways, I continue and NetBSD syncs the disks and dumps core...
> > and hopefully it will reboot here in a minute ;-) (this is happening right
> > now as I type)
> >
> > 	Any ideas? I am going to try booting from different color
> > depths... I was using the booter's feature that changes the depth before
> > bootup to boot in 1-bit. I'll try just manually booting in 8-bit, etc....
> > maybe that will work better?
>
> It's also possible that you don't have one of the video cards that the LKM
> supports, perhaps you'd have better luck with the SLOTMAN patches?

	I'm trying the GENERIC-50 kernel and a SLOTMAN kernel... so we'll
see ;-) I also compiled my own lkm. so I am trying that too ;-)

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!