Subject: Re: [q] Speed of modem port
To: Shunsuke Masuda <mi-nami@mahoroba.or.jp>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@landau.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/03/1997 14:13:40
On Fri, 28 Nov 1997, Shunsuke Masuda wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm running NetBSD-1.3ALPHA/mac68k on Quadra800 and
> currently it seems working well.
>
> I have heard that the speed of Quadra800's modem port is 230kbps.
> Does NetBSD/mac68k support 230kbps?

Yes and no. The standard distribution does not, but I can send you a
simple kernel patch which will (you will have to build your own kernel).

The reason for this is that we don't differentiate serial port
characteristics based on model. So if we were to enable 230k for a Quadra,
right now, we'd enable it for a MacII also. A II won't handle it.

Take care,

Bill