Subject: DeleGate (was Re: Local server???)
To: Shunsuke Masuda <mi-nami@mahoroba.or.jp>
From: Charles Sebold <pretender@hemingway.macstore.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/03/1997 11:39:32
>How about Delegate?
>Delegate relays HTTP,FTP,Telnet,NNTP,SMTP,POP and so forth.
>
><ftp://etlport.etl.go.jp/pub/Delegate/>
>It includes docs written in English.

Are you actually running this?  I ask because I am wondering if it is as
complicated as it looks (I just downloaded the manual and glanced through
it).  I think setting up IP-NAT would be easier, although I could see uses
for this product.

The nice thing about NAT is that very few things don't just automatically
work; many of the seldom-used ports and protocols that DeleGate had to
hard-code into their product just function transparently through NAT.

Please tell me if I'm wrong, though.  And I find its claims that you can
tunnel IP between two DeleGate servers that are dialed into each other's
tty's extremely intriguing; there are certainly uses for that, I think.

I                                             I
I Charles Sebold, Pontifex Macintosh          I
I CWW Computers, Inc.                         I
I 2497A Adie Rd.                              I
I St. Louis, MO  63043                        I
I WWW:   http://bronte.macstore.com/pretender I
I                                             I
I            La compagnie c'est moi.          I
I                                             I