Subject: Re: PPP question
To: John Porter <jporter@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/03/1997 10:46:52
On 12/2/97 at 9:10 PM -0600, you wrote:

> I am trying to get a ppp connection.   I configured Bill Studenmund's
> PPP kit.  When I type /etc/ppp/ppp-up i get connecting.......(then a few
> seconds later)...done.

Hm... What does /var/log/messages have to say? Oftentimes useful
information is appended to that file by the pppd program.

> When I try to ftp somewhere it say "no route to host"

You're not making a connection... Tell us what /var/log/messages says near
the end, after trying to connect. Also, maybe run:

ifconfig ppp0

and see what that says, and post it to the list. (Do this after connecting
as well.)

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...www.webtrek.com/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments