Subject: Re: 1.3beta test report
To: Scott Reynolds" , "Balazs Barany <bb@lb-data.co.at>
From: wb2oyc <WB2OYC@BELLATLANTIC.NET>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/03/1997 06:27:10
>I'll echo Colin's recommendation, but want to note that the 1.9 and 1.10
>versions of the booter also reported themselves to the kernel as version
>1.8.  Confusing, yes, but not much we can do about that now.
Scott,
     I'm using 1.11.0 here, booting SLOTMAN, and occasionally it fails
to set the monitor to B&W mode before starting the boot.  It does this
once in five or six boots, for example.  Puts up six little windows,
never clears the display, and the machine is hosed.  First time it did
it I thought maybe I had failed to save the setup, so I redid it, but
the booting, and monitor options were set the way I intended.  Seven
times out of ten it does it right, then all of a sudden it'll fail to
set the display properly, and up pops those little windows.  Machine
is IIci with Mac II Hi Res, MacOS 7.6, 32MB RAM.

Paul