Subject: Piping X Display through IPNAT...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <greanya@cps.msu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/02/1997 19:15:24
Hey all,

I'm running 1.3Alpha on a IIsi with ipfilter/ipnat working as an invisible
gateway/router over a ppp connection for a small local network (3
machines,
including the IIsi).

The only problem that I currently have is I want to run X on one of the
machines other than a router.  Since all incoming packets think that they
are going to the IIsi, when I set up the remote screen (a Win95 machine)
the packets don't get passed along.  I know that the Win95 machine works,
since if I use it to directly ppp everything's fine.

Does anyone know of a way to pipe the X display in a situation like this?
I know that I could run X on the IIsi, but it's only got 9 megs of ram,
so with X and routing I'm afraid it wouldn't be able to handle it very
gracefully.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Jason

Jason S. Greanya,
Mac Systems Manager, Intelligent Systems Lab, Michigan State University
greanya@cps.msu.edu                     http://web.cps.msu.edu/~greanya
 "Be glad that life is unfair, otherwise we'd deserve all this crap."