Subject: Re: intvid and MRG: another PB 180 question
To: Tim Bessie <tbessie@eci.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/02/1997 09:13:22
Tim Bessie wrote:

> Michael...
>
> I took a look at your old intvid code from the
> ftp.macbsd.com site, and put those machdep.c
> changes into a 1.3_ALPHA version of machdep.c.
> As predicted, the boot no longer hung at "preserving X bytes..."
> However, it DID hang (with max debugging output) after the
> following:
>
> 	mrg: 2nd PowerBook class ROMs' ROM glue, tracing off,
> 		debug off, silent traps
> 	mrg: I/O map kludge for ROMs that use hardware
> 		addresses directly
> 	adb: bus subsystem
> 	Got follow HwCfgFlags: 0xfd00, 0x, 405f3f, 0x, 213902, 0x, ac3e28
> 	mrg: Not setting up egret
> 	mrg: ADB interrupts enabled
>
> 	<HANG>
>
> Do you, or anyone who's familiar with the MRG code, know
> what's happening at that point?  I haven't yet had a chance
> to look through the code at that point myself, but I thought
> that perhaps someone out there might have seen this before.

I don't think that MRG code quite supports the PowerManager code (well,
there was a version I seem to remember Takashi was working on, but...).
Anyway, try commenting out the "options 	MRG_ADB" line in your
config file and recompile.  This'll enable HWDIRECT ADB which should work
just fine.

I hope this helps.

Later.