Subject: Using FWB HDT to create partitions... problem.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Bessie <tbessie@eci.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/02/1997 07:37:34
Has anyone had any problems using FWB Hard Disk Toolkit
to create partitions for NetBSD?  I've successfully used
Apple's HD utility (the standard one), but when I use FWB's
(following the directions for creating an A/UX partition --
well, the README for FWB HDT says it's for MkLinux), then
run Mkfs (latest version), the Installer complains that
it can't find a NetBSD partition.

Any suggestions?  I know I can just create a MacOS partition
(or even one of these non-working A/UX partitions) and tell
Mkfs to create a NetBSD partition, but I'd like the think the
FWB software worked as advertised.

Incidentally, when I create an A/UX partition with FWB, then
choose "CHANGE" within Mkfs, Mkfs identifies the partition
as "Apple Free", NOT Unix.  D'ya think FWB is not writing some
soft of identifying integer someplace in the partition map?

- Tim Bessie

Tim Bessie
tbessie@eci.net
bessie@apshit.com