Subject: intvid and MRG: another PB 180 question
To: None <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
From: Tim Bessie <tbessie@eci.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/02/1997 07:27:18
Michael...

I took a look at your old intvid code from the
ftp.macbsd.com site, and put those machdep.c
changes into a 1.3_ALPHA version of machdep.c.
As predicted, the boot no longer hung at "preserving X bytes..."
However, it DID hang (with max debugging output) after the
following:

	mrg: 2nd PowerBook class ROMs' ROM glue, tracing off,
		debug off, silent traps
	mrg: I/O map kludge for ROMs that use hardware
		addresses directly
	adb: bus subsystem
	Got follow HwCfgFlags: 0xfd00, 0x, 405f3f, 0x, 213902, 0x, ac3e28
	mrg: Not setting up egret
	mrg: ADB interrupts enabled

	<HANG>

Do you, or anyone who's familiar with the MRG code, know
what's happening at that point?  I haven't yet had a chance
to look through the code at that point myself, but I thought
that perhaps someone out there might have seen this before.

- Tim

Tim Bessie
tbessie@eci.net
bessie@apshit.com