Subject: Re: README: Calling all beta testers!
To: Avatar <bshayn1@gl.umbc.edu>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/02/1997 00:07:18
On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Avatar wrote:

> 	Any major changes outside the kernel? I'm still working on getting
> my 1.3_ALPHA system to be stable, but I'd love to install the beta kernel
> and give feedback.

Lots of changes.  I'm not sure what your definition of `major' is, but
some of them certainly qualify as that in my opinion.  For example, a
gaping security hole was closed in dm(8) (the game regulating program).
It'd be best if you installed the entire system, rather than just a
kernel, just to make sure everything you normally use is up to par.  If
you really can't do that, testing the kernel is better than not testing
any of it...

--scott