Subject: Re: README: Calling all beta testers!
To: Avatar <bshayn1@gl.umbc.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/01/1997 16:49:38
Avatar wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Scott Reynolds wrote:
>
> >Thanks to the tireless efforts of Steve Allen, we have a NetBSD/mac68k
> >1.3_BETA snapshot ready and waiting.  Please fetch and install it from
> >the following location (or a mirror site):
> >
> >	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3_BETA/mac68k/
> >
> >Complete instructions are provided there.
>
> 	Any major changes outside the kernel? I'm still working on getting
> my 1.3_ALPHA system to be stable, but I'd love to install the beta kernel
> and give feedback.

Depends on when you downloaded the ALPHA stuff.  Most userland-level
changes have been bugfixes (well, ok, they _have_ to be bugfixes in order
to be pulled onto the branch).  If you have the most recent ALPHA
snapshot, not a whole lot has changed.  If you picked up the earliest
ALPHA snapshot, this upgrade might be worth it.

BTW, when you say "I'm still working on getting my 1.3_ALPHA system to be
stable", what's unstable about it?

Later.