Subject: Re: README: Calling all beta testers!
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@OG.ORG>
From: Avatar <bshayn1@gl.umbc.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/01/1997 19:15:55
On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Scott Reynolds wrote:

>Thanks to the tireless efforts of Steve Allen, we have a NetBSD/mac68k
>1.3_BETA snapshot ready and waiting.  Please fetch and install it from
>the following location (or a mirror site):
>
>	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3_BETA/mac68k/
>
>Complete instructions are provided there.
>
>Also, note that the official distribution now includes sets for the X
>Window System, built from the quasi-official NetBSD X source repository.
>This event will be a first in the history of the NetBSD Project, and
>underscores a commitment to providing a complete, stable operating
>environment to end users.

	Any major changes outside the kernel? I'm still working on getting
my 1.3_ALPHA system to be stable, but I'd love to install the beta kernel
and give feedback.

  "What really interests me *  Benjamin Shayne   * "God is a comedian,
   is whether God had any   * Production Manager *  playing to an audience
   choice in the creation   *  Micro Consultant  *  too afraid to laugh.
   of the World." -Albert   *    Space Cadet     *      - Voltaire