Subject: Re: Where it freezes/also..
To: Rodney Myrup <g01s61@spot.onysd.wednet.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/01/1997 16:04:33
Rodney Myrup wrote:

> If freezes when it says,
>
> Copyright *dates*
> Regents of University of California and just one or two other words.

Hmmmm...did you boot with extensions off?

It doesn't get to a line that says something like:  NetBSD GENERIC#0
/sys/arch/mac68k/conf/GENERIC.....

or something similar?

> ALSO:
> I just re-downloaded an earlier version of NetBSD (the entire package)1.2
> . I will install that but, if I can't get it to boot, then I will get a
> better version of the booter for 1.2.1 and re-install it.

I'd recommend downloading 1.3_BETA, actually.  It's got a lot more
functionality (and maybe stability) than 1.2.x.  You can find it on
ftp.netbsd.org.  Definitely try a newer booter, tho (1.11.1b? if you can
find it).

> PS: when the screen changes from the MacOS to the Plain white screen and
> does the bitmapping and rom stuff, the mouse disappears. Is that normal?

Yes, you're on a console now.  It's just you, the keyboard, and the
screen.  When you get your machine running, you can download a copy of
'dt' which allows you to use the mouse (or you can download X which of
course uses a mouse).

I hope this helps....

Later.