Subject: First Time User
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Avatar <bshayn1@gl.umbc.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/30/1997 16:49:24
	First off I'd like to thank Colin Wood and Allan Briggs (sp?) for
helping me install my first BSD system. It took a month and it is
definately worth the effort. I got the system to boot with few problems.

	Now for the problems. I have an 85 meg drive with most of the
1.3_ALPHA binaries installed (no comp and no games) and no swap space (I'm
working on it). The system runs fine except for a massive amount of
Segmentation faults resulting in core dumps. They happen randomly and
mostly when there is a greater demand on the processor. I am hoping I can
fix this by adding some swap space, but I'm worried that it has more to do
with my Performa's 68LC040 processor. I've got 36 megs of RAM installed.

	Anyone care to conjecture on whether the faults are due to the
processor, the lack of swap space or both?

  "What really interests me *  Benjamin Shayne   * "God is a comedian,
   is whether God had any   * Production Manager *  playing to an audience
   choice in the creation   *  Micro Consultant  *  too afraid to laugh.
   of the World." -Albert   *    Space Cadet     *      - Voltaire