Subject: Re: Help: Injudicious use of "rm -r"
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <71410.25@compuserve.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/30/1997 13:56:02
On 11/30/97 5:46 PM, Paul Goyette, paul@whooppee.com wrote:

>Since you've still got a valid shell why not just copy bash to /bin/csh
>and then log in as root?  Granted, you'll be running under bash but at
>least you'll be running!

I've just tried your suggestion, but I can't get it to work.  mkdir will
not let me make /bin, and cp won't let me copy /usr//lcoal/bin/bash to
/bin/csh because the directory doesn't exist. :-(

Another thing that occured to me to try is to telnet in, ftp the files
over and then untar and unlink them.  I don't think that will work
either, because I can't be root.

I was also thinking of trying to rewrite the passwd file to change root's
shell, but again, I don't have the permissions.

Regards,

Sean.

                 T. Sean (Theo) Schulze
71410.25@compuserve.com            TSSchulze@aol.com

...determines to remain actively seized of the matter.