Subject: Re: geez!
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: wb2oyc <WB2OYC@BELLATLANTIC.NET>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/29/1997 23:38:56
>If you newfs a partition with defaults, it won't ever be accessible from
>the Mac-side utilities such as the installer.  The only Mac-side utility
>that can handle the default 4.3BSD format is the Booter.
Paul,
    I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough.  The 1st disk has NetBSD 1.2.1
installed,
the 2nd has the new 1.3Alpha.  Neither is mountable after having booted
the
other!  What I was trying to do was use the disk with the 1.2.1 for
storing
the tar files (remember I mentioned the disks are small).  Then, after
booting
1.3, I'd mount that device on /mnt, for example, to make them accessible.
 As
it turned out, I was foiled by ....whatever?  I suspect what it might be,
and
just wanted to hear from you all what you think.

Paul