Subject: Re: Off topic: Floppy Drive Removal
To: Xiamin Raahauge <xiamin@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
From: Steve Quint <Squint@flash.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/29/1997 00:34:32
At 8:44 PM -0800 11/28/97, Xiamin Raahauge wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience or
>knowledge in machines with no floppy drives? Would it be like the machine
>refusing to boot without a monitor? I wonder how many connectors the
>internel SCSI cable has, or if it would be more worth it to remove the
>cd-rom, switching it on only when I need it, since I do have a external
>case lying around.

The Mac will boot fine without a floppy drive.

I've done exactly what you've described in a Q700.  Just get a new SCSI
cable with 4 connectors and chain them all up - get the SCSI ids right, and
all will be well.  You wouldn't even need to fabricate any mounting
hardware for a Q650, just find another hard drive mount plate.

Steve

"Always ... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is
better. And twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad. And too
much is never enough except when it's just about right."
			-- The Tick