Subject: Off topic: Floppy Drive Removal
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Xiamin Raahauge <xiamin@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/28/1997 23:44:58
I know this is sort of off topic, but this seems to be the best place to
ask. I'm considering removing my floppy drive so I have an extra bay for a
hard drive in there. Since NetBSD doesn't support the drive anyway, I
figure I won't miss much. The machine in question is a Q650 btw. My only
concern is that the machine might not boot without a floppy drive. I boot
from a small partition on one of my drives, but this being Macintosh
hardware, I'm taking no chances. Does anyone have any experience or
knowledge in machines with no floppy drives? Would it be like the machine
refusing to boot without a monitor? I wonder how many connectors the
internel SCSI cable has, or if it would be more worth it to remove the
cd-rom, switching it on only when I need it, since I do have a external
case lying around.
Xiamin