Subject: screen mode
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: U-ki Kuroe <y-kuroe@sys.es.osaka-u.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/28/1997 20:19:10
I have been trying to install NetBSD/mac68k 1.3_ALPHA. It seems
to be working fine so far, but I want to ask on screen mode.

I use a 17-inch monitor. To change a mode of screen (640x480,
800x600, 1024x768), I select a suitable screen mode by switching
a converter existing between mac and monitor.

NetBSD starts up with any screen mode, but it does not recognize
an internal video card with 800x600 or 1024x768 mode. With 640x
480, NetBSD displays a message like "intvideo 640x480 (monochrome)"
while booting progress, no message regarding with a video card is
shown with other screen modes. I have /dev/grf0,grf1,grf2,...,grf9.

Why? What's wrong?

*my system*
Mac     Quadra650
        No additional card on NuBus and Quadra PDS
NetBSD  NetBSD/mac68k 1.3_alpha, GENERIC-50 kernel
Booter  1.11.1b5

regards,
----
Yuuki Kuroe  y-kuroe@sys.es.osaka-u.ac.jp