Subject: SLOTMAN kernel - help needed
To: MacBSD List <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/27/1997 19:34:41
Well, folks, based on my beta testers' results, I've had to change the
Slot Manager initialization code a bit.  Unfortunately, this means that
most of the Mac models that I thought were supportable are now suspect,
since I need a new address in the Mac ROMs.

So, if any of you out there would like to help, and you have MacsBug on
your Mac, I'd really appreciate it if you could do the following:

After booting MacOS, drop into the debugger.  Turn on logging (with the
``log <filename>'' command), and then disassemble the code from 40805d00
through 40806000 (using the command ``il 40805d00'' and then keep pressing
return until it gets to 40806000).  Then turn logging off, type ``g'' to
get back to MacOS, and mail me the log file, along with your Mac model.

Thanks.

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com |