Subject: Re: whats wrong here? anyone?
To: Armen Babikyan <synapse@lethargy.mit.edu>
From: wb2oyc <WB2OYC@BELLATLANTIC.NET>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/27/1997 08:15:04
Armen,

>try it.  ftp to a site and see if that kills the connection (don't bother
>downloading anything, it probably wouldn't work).  that work at all?
>try traceroute-ing a machine ouside your network from the netbsd box.

Ok, I will.  But, I can tell you that attempting to ftp THRU the Linux
NAT box from others (sic--not NetBSD) DO NOT kill the link.  I'd expect
this to be much the same, but I'll get setup and try it just to see what
happens.  Also, keep in mind that the up to date IP_masq code does handle
ftp properly; or, its supposed to anyway.

:)
Paul