Subject: Re: Help with printing....
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
From: Stefan Arentz <stefan.arentz@luna.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/26/1997 17:25:46
If you have an AppleTalk printer connected to the Ethernet then you can
easily print to that printer using NetAtalk. Search in Yahoo for NetAtalk
and you'll find some Linux HOWTO documents that explain this.

Most Apple printers also talk TCP/IP btw. We have a LaserWriter 640
that you can use like this:

# Entry for LaserWriter 12/640 PS (971020 RvS)
#

ps|lwriter|lw-raw|lwriter-640-ps-raw|Apple LaserWriter 12/640:\
    :lp=:\
    :mx#0:\
    :rm=lwriter-printer.luna.net:\
    :rp=raw:\
    :lf=/var/log/lpd/lwriter-640-ps.log:\
    :af=/var/log/lpd/lwriter-640-ps.acct:\
    :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lwriter-640-ps:
#   :rg=print:

Simply change the rm= line with the name of ip address of your printer and
create the spool directories. Man lpd should explain most of this.

The above entry comes from a FreeBSD system, but it should be the same
for NetBSD.

Greetings,

 Stefan

--

Stefan Arentz - Technical Director - Luna Internet
stefan.arentz@luna.net / +31 (0)10 2431988

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out of it alive.
 Bugs Bunny