Subject: Re: Trouble using 'cu' with modem on serial port -- help!
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Tim Bessie <tbessie@eci.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/25/1997 09:55:16
At 11:50 AM 11/25/97 -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>Sounds like you want Kermit. It's basically a modem program, with a dialing
>directory and stuff. You can set it for crtscts, and it works. The Kermit
>homepage is http://www.columbia.edu/kermit. I downloaded the source from
>ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/archives/cku192src.tar.gz, and got it to
>build under 1.3_Alpha.

I've used Kermit quite a lot in the past, but it wasn't
in the NetBSD distribution, so I assumed it wouldn't
necessary be supported there (i.e. do the things I want
it to do).  It is definitely more useful than cu, since it
has a command mode.  I'll give it a try, thanks!

- Tim

Tim Bessie
tbessie@eci.net
bessie@apshit.com