Subject: Re: Trouble using 'cu' with modem on serial port -- help!
To: Tim Bessie <tbessie@eci.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/25/1997 11:50:07
Sounds like you want Kermit. It's basically a modem program, with a dialing
directory and stuff. You can set it for crtscts, and it works. The Kermit
homepage is http://www.columbia.edu/kermit. I downloaded the source from
ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/archives/cku192src.tar.gz, and got it to
build under 1.3_Alpha.

Kermit is an interesting program. It can also telnet (>set line ppp0,
instead of >set line tty00). You can then chain telnet, Kermit, & vax "set
host" through several machines, and when you see the file you want, start
Kermit on the remote host, and it will tunnel back to you. I do that at
work all the time.