Subject: Mail problems
To: Port-mac NetBSD <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Erik STOKHOF <e.stokhof@eurogentec.be>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/25/1997 10:36:13
Hi all,

After all the successes I read about from other pople, it is rather
depressing not to be able to do it myself.
basic problem: I am trying to receive mail from my home machine.
PPP works, I can telnet, ftp, http out, I can mail out, although the
domain appraes invalid, I can do host lookups, but whenever I send a
mail through the ISP to a user on my machine, nothing happens.
This is what I did:
- copied the ppp.setup.tar.gz file from (what was it... netbsd.org?)
- setup ppp and resolv.conf
- changed the sendmail line in /etc/netstart to
sendmail_options="-bd     -q5m" to have mail updated every five minutes
Now the question is pretty basic: under MacOS, I configure Eudora with
the POP host to retrieve mail from. Where and how do I do this under
NetBSD? I hate to admit it, but I really can't figure this one out.
Thanks in advance
-Erik