Subject: Re: Video/Memory Mapping for Powerbooks, et. al.
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/24/1997 23:36:21
> Plus, there is the little fact that this stuff is typically confidential.
> :-)

This is the main problem.

> Some general overview of what is happeneing would be a good thing to
> get (some general "what is going on" description). Other than that, I think
> we'd need hardware documentation, which might not exist.

This is the secondary problem.  There was documentation on most of the
hardware.  It was (as may not surprise you if you've been around
engineers) heavily augmented by hallway chats.  The documentation has
probably either been recycled, lost, or is sitting on someone's desk or
shelf somewhere.

Once docs are located (probably only in hardware or system software
developers' offices), we get back to the main problem.

I've located (almost) IOP docs (and even sample code), and I'm working
on getting permission to get them.  It's not, shall we say, a _quick_
process, but there is progress.

Cheers,
-allen

--