Subject: Re: How much memory for X11?
To: None <esrpo@eng.warwick.ac.uk>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/24/1997 16:48:16
On Mon, 24 Nov 1997 11:22:38 -0800 (PST),
"Colin Wood" <cwood@ichips.intel.com> wrote:
> J R Gasser wrote:
> > Given the above comment that 8M is barely enough (which sounds about
> > right) and that I don't care about running more than Emacs at present,
> > can someone point me to an Emacs source that doesn't want to run over
> > X11 but will run in the old-fashioned way on NetBSD 1.1
>
> If you don't have your display set, emacs should work just fine without X.

A minor addition:

This "display" Colin's talking about is the environment variable (or
envar for short) DISPLAY and you can unset it by:

unset DISPLAY (sh, bash, etc)

or

unsetenv DISPLAY (csh, tcsh)

If you're using the local display(s), its value should look like
":0.0", or in case you're using the second screen, ":0.1", etc.

Ken