Subject: Weird freezes on PB145
From: David A. Gatwood <marsmail@globegate.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/24/1997 12:26:56
Still using an older Kernel, I want to say may or June....  I'm sure a
bunch of PowerMgr ADB things have been fixed since then, so this may not
be particularly useful, unless it's a known bug and has been fixed or
something, but I thought I'd mention it nayway.  Sometimes in multi-user
mode, the thing drops to the debugger, and any keystroke results in an MMU
fault (or trap or something) message.  This only happens in multi-user
mode.  Similarly, every now and then, the thing will freeze solid, no
keyboard, no mouse, no interrupt switch response.  Only in multi-user.
Finally, at one point last week, the system got into a weird state in
which entering anything in any of dt's shells would freeze the shell.  The
dt program could still switch shells, even create new windows -- but the
new window wouldn't be successfully created.  Weird, weird, weird.  On a
hunch, I reinstalled the kernel, and the failures seem to have diminished,
to an occasional solid freeze, I believe....

Ideas?
David