Subject: NetBSD with root on internal HD and usr on external
To: NetBSD /Mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Austin Brower <browerab@psouth.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/24/1997 09:48:46
Hello Y'all,
     After being successful in installing and operating NetBSD 1.2.1 on a
IIsi's external 80mb HD, we (My friend and I) would like to reinstall
NetBSD so the root and swap partitions are on the internal 40mb HD and
the usr partition is the external HD.
     This is where I get confused.  Which distribution files are
installed on the root partition?  I know the kernel would go there, but
what about etc and base?  We don't mind deleting all of the info we had
stored on the machine.
     The question directly relating to the one above would be:  How do I
make the Installer install files on certain partitions or disks?

Hopefully, with the swap and root partitions on the internal HD there
will be a miniscule speed increase.
Thank you all in advance,
      Austin Brower