Subject: Re: NetBSD Freezing?
To: Josh Hope <otaku@unixgeek.ml.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/23/1997 16:46:45

> On Sun, 23 Nov 1997, Colin Wood wrote:

> > Are you sure this machine isn't on a network?  This actually looks kinda
> > like the LAND bug attack, but I don't know enough about that to say for
> > sure....
>
> I'm absolutely positive, unless you'd count the Internet as a network :P
> There's no other computers in this house...

The internet counts for this attack. Are you running a web server off this
machine, or anything with a noticable net presence?

Does the stack trace always involve tcpoutput? There's an attack (which
is in vogue at the moment) which will make the ip output (called by
tcpoutput) system get ill from just one packet. I.E. I send a machine
one packet, and it dies. Though I thought the death should be a panic,
not seizure.

> > What kernel are you using here?
>
> GENERIC SBC #26...nothing newer will boot on my machine (and anything
> non-SBC really screws my drives over). (Don't you remember my posts
> concerning kernels > GENERIC SBC #26 not booting on some machines? :))

I thought that got fixed recently?

Take care,

Bill