Subject: Re: How much memory for X11?
To: Stuart McLuckie <stuartm@nildram.co.uk>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/23/1997 15:54:21
Stuart McLuckie wrote:

> Is 8MB enough real memory for X11? I've installed it on my LCII/4MB & it's
> not enough. Would an upgrade to 8/10MB be sufficient (perhaps a secondhand
> IIsi with a lot more memory might make more sense).

Yes, it should be enough, provided you've got at least 16MB of swap.  I've
got 20 MB and it works just fine for me.  The real problem you're likely
to be seeing (assuming that speed is the problem) is that you probably
don't have an FPU.  This will speed things up considerably.

I hope this helps some.

Later.