Subject: Re: setting tty flags
To: Colin Wood <khym@bga.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/22/1997 16:11:24
At 3:36 PM 11/22/97, Colin Wood wrote:
>The problem a couple of people were seeing was with a 'ttyflags -a' in
>/etc/rc.  It's working just fine on my machine, tho.  Have you modified
>/etc/ttys in some way?

Not as far as I can recall.  I did the usual network config stuff, turned
on sendmail (told it where the main JPL server is), ntp (without config),
and lpd (also a printcap entry), added a couple of disks to fstab, added
one user account and fixed toor and operator so I wouldn't get complaints.
Can't recall anything else.

The existing /etc/ttys file has console and ttye0 marked on/secure and
everything else off.  It's the same on both the old (working) and new
(non-working) snapshot.

Dave:
Thanks for the driver info.  Somehow I had thought those fixes were already
in MACE-5.  I hope to someday move PPP service to this machine from my
Solaris box, but there's no rush.  I just trust Bill S. more than I do Sun,
given the same Z8530 hardware.