Subject: Re: NetBSD Freezing?
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Josh Hope <otaku@unixgeek.ml.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/22/1997 02:17:32
>Could you get a kernel trace after the next freeze?  In other words, hit
>the programmer's switch to drop into the debugger and type 'trace' at the
>'db>' prompt.  If this doesn't work, you've got something waiting with
>interrupts off for some reason.

Yes, I could do a trace. Immediately after the trace, everything froze,
and the programmer's switch refused to work again. Do you need to see the
trace?

>Is this machine networked?  If so, can you ping it?

Unfortunately, the answer to both questions is "no"

>Perhaps with a little more info, we can figure this one out.

I certainly hope so! It's so strange to just "freeze" after a 6 day
uptime! And before that I had a 20 day uptime, broken only by a power
outage. So, as you can see, it was an EXTREMELY stable machine.

I already am missing NetBSD. I find it hard to live without. I'd really
like to get this rectified :)

The weird thing is: I changed exactly nothing with my machine at least
24-48 hours before it just started freezing. I didn't even download
anything, compile anything, etc. It was just so extremely strange!

Thanks a lot Colin :)

Josh Hope