Subject: Re: Video/Memory Mapping for Powerbooks, et. al.
To: Tim Bessie <tbessie@eci.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/21/1997 11:24:19
> >I just realized a friend of mine knows a guy who works for Apple
> >(developing Quicktime). Maybe he could answer some questions for us...
>
> Well, does anybody out there think of some good questions
> this fellow could ask his friend?  Like "What is the memory
> (and video memory) mapping for each macintosh"?  Or at
> least for the old powerbook series?

Uhm, in all honesty, I doubt a Quicktime developer will know what we want.
Plus, there is the little fact that this stuff is typically confidential.
:-)

Some general overview of what is happeneing would be a good thing to
get (some general "what is going on" description). Other than that, I think
we'd need hardware documentation, which might not exist.

Take care,

Bill