Subject: color X
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/21/1997 00:28:30
	In case anyone is curious, I've basically gotten color X working
on my IIci! Well, the color X server boots fine under 1.3_ALPHA with a
GENERIC-47 or 48 kernel. I had to ungzip all of the fonts and use compress
on them all. I think it took maybe 10 or 15 minutes... I just opened 3
telnets into the IIci and did a gunzip *.gz in each directory with fonts..
then a compress *.pcf or whatever the suffix for the fonts is... and it
did it all by itself while I played Warcraft ;-) But, then you have to
update the fonts.dir file in each directory for the new .Z extension in
place of .gz. The ONE thing that didn't work was the color lkm. There was
an undefined symbul _nubus_slot or something... I can't remember off the
top of my head. But, the X server cannot set itself to 8-bit. Does anyone
have a working video_lkm_combined.o? Or whatever it's called? ;-) Thanks!

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!