Subject: Re: Problems with X11...
To: None <f94bw@efd.lth.se>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/20/1997 12:55:09
> >> Which FAQ have you been looking at?
>
> I thought there was only one. The one that everybody refers to.....

And that one is.....

There _should_ be only one. It lives on puma.macbsd.com, and I think also
at www.netbsd.org. If, however, you are looking at a different FAQ,
say a copy someone made, then there is an obvious chance for confusion.

> >> In general, use whatever editor you like. You are, after all,
> >> the one doing the editing. :-)
>
> I am? Ok, vipw, thanks for that answer!!!

No! Well, maybe. vipw is for editing /etc/passwd (and /etc/master.passwd
since both files are inter-related and must stay in sync). Only /etc/passwd.

For ANYTHING else, use whatever editor you like. _I_ like vi, but that's
a matter of taste. If you prefer emacs, well, use emacs. If you prefer
ed, well, then we start to worry. :-)

Take care,

Bill