Subject: Re: (OFF-TOPIC) hardware SCSI termination?
To: SamMaEl , Howard S Shubs <hshubs@montagar.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/20/1997 10:50:48
At 2:51 AM 11/20/97, SamMaEl wrote:
>        Well... the thing is, I cannot boot the computer without something
>on the external SCSI port supplying termination. The system does not
>recognize the drive and I get the disk-question mark icon. I attach a SCSI

That makes it sound like the internal drive isn't terminated as it should
be.  The internal drive should have its termination enabled or resistors
installed or whatever it takes.  If you don't even have an external cable
connected then the SCSI bus is pretty short and it's very hard to have
problems like what you describe.

Correction to my last post:  in the latter half change the 7 to an 8 since
I was talking about the total number of SCSI ID's available.  I'm down to 2
free ID's on my current MacBSD machine and I was down to only 1 on my IIcx
at home at one time (before a bad drive killed my power supply---which
killed another drive a week later).