Subject: problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joseph <joseph@insync.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/20/1997 12:31:58
hello guys, (it's me again)

I tried installing NetBSD 1.2.1 on my machine but when I go to the
NetBSD/Mac68K Booter and try to boot, it freezes the machine.  It does
have the proper SCSI ID.  Maybe you can help me out here.

Machine:
Mac IIvx
20M Ram
250M Hard Drive
MC68030 processor
Dual OS with MacOS 7.6 on external drive

I partioned the drive: 40M for Swap and the rest for Root and Usr.

Files that were installed:
base121
netbsd121
etc121
comp121
secr121

After the files are installed, I Build Devices and all devices are built
successfully.

Then I go to NetBSD/Mac68k Booter, in Options, I set the proper SCSI ID
and to Single User.  After that, I begin the boot and receive the
following message:

  Booting...MID_M68k executable: entry 0x3356.
  770544+57724+99004+45732+48403

  Set _boothowto to 0x2.
    Bye-bye...
      So I sez to him... The real
      way that it should be done is to...

  Set _mac68k_vrsrc_cnt to 0x1.

At this point the machine freezes up and I have to reboot.  The IIvx is
under the supported models in the FAQ.  Any suggestions?

Sincerely,
Joseph Ochoa
Sr. Macintosh Tech Support
Insync Internet Services