Subject: Help:)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <ARBONZ@aol.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/19/1997 18:02:21
Hey guys...
I downloaded the binaries for NetBSD 121 for my Mac via FTP.
I apartitioned my 230mb HD into 4 partitions:

1 Mac HFS
1 A/UX Root
1 A/UX Swap
1 A/UX Usr

I then successfully used Mkfs to make file systems on both the Root & Usr
partitions.  I then used the Installer to install the required files for my
MacBSD
system to work.  After successfully doing this I went to boot it and got a
message during the botting process.  The screen switched to a white on black
unix-like interface.  It began to map out the memory, and shortly after it
began the kernal stack I got a message :

panic: kernal jump to 0

I then got a prompt like db> , but it did not take any input from my
keyboard.
I looked on your site in the bug reports for things related to this message
but was unable to find anything.

I run a Mac Quadra 610.  It has 20mb of RAM, 230mb HD, Apple 600i CD ROM, OS
8.0, an Apple Extended Keyboard, and an Iomega Zip atttached to it.  I looked
on the sheet for machine compatibility and it was on there???

I have repeated this process twice-- getting the message both times.
It weas very long and sucked.  If you could please give me some advice,
or if I am missing something please let me know.

I am VERY interested in getting this thing running, and I am impressed with
the work that you guys have done-- when I get this thing going, I would like
to help you.

Look forward to your response...

Zach M. Arbon