Subject: Re: MRG Disabling (and PB180)
To: Tim Bessie <tbessie@eci.net>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/19/1997 18:48:52
> I think Michael Zucca said recently it was probably due to internal
> video mapping problems, which he'd like to fix "the right way", now
> that I think about it, rather than just hack it together.
>
> If that is indeed the problem, does anyone out there know
> what the problem is, specifically?  Michael, any new progress?

Well, I'm sort of out of the "business" of fixing the memory mapping
stuff. I'm leaving that to Scott because the scope of the fix could be
rather large and involve twiddling with too many files. That's a job
better suited to the port master :-)

I'm working on color internal video drivers right now. On my way I'm fixing
a few things simply because some of the kernel needs fixing for color
video to work. However, most of those fixes are localized to the graphics
subsystem so they aren't too far afield from what I'm doing.