Subject: Arplookup errors?
To: NetBSD /Mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Austin Brower <browerab@psouth.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/19/1997 16:30:05
Dear all,
      I return again with more questions.  This one has been nagging me
for a while now.

I am using a MacIIsi w/5mb RAM and 80mg HD for NetBSD 1.2.1.  Frequently,
if not every day, I find the following messages on the console.

arplookup: unable to enter address for cc751a77
arplookup: unable to enter address for cc751a72
arplookup: unable to enter address for c7bf02cd
arplookup: unable to enter address for cc751a02
arplookup: unable to enter address for cc751a02
arplookup: unable to enter address for c7bf02cd
arplookup: unable to enter address for cc751a02

I am thinking that it is some kind of name lookup, but where is it coming
from and how can I get rid of it?  If it helps any, the IIsi has a MacNIC
II/E, 16k mem. Ethernet card.

If this involves recompiling the kernel (Which I probably don't have
enough memory to do), I need to know where to get the source for 1.2.1.
Well, I'd like to know that any way.

Thanks again,
    Austin Brower

BTW, thanks again to all who helped me find precompiled binarys for the
IIsi.

                                 Austin M. Brower
                 Director of Technical Services i.e. Server Techie
               for the M.S.A.D.#55 WebTeam - A student organization.
                         I'm a student who gets involved.