Subject: Re: X11 on a Quadra 700, anyone?
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/19/1997 12:41:46
> My changes don't in any way remove the serial console option.  All it does
> is make sure that mrg_init() and friends get called regardless of whether
> the boot is from serial console or not.

The fact that mrg_init wasn't called if you were on a serial console made
serial console run even if mrg_init hung the machine. With this change,
if mrg_init doesn't work, we're hosed.

I agree this change has it's uses (it would be nice to let the ite
terminal come up even if you're on serial console when you're debugging
serial console support ;-) but it needs to be some sort of booter option.
An advanced-user option.

I think we need some way of passing generic parameters to the kernel, so that
we can customize a boot w/o adding everything and the dog to the booter.

Take care,

Bill