Subject: Re: Whats the deal?
To: wb2oyc <WB2OYC@BELLATLANTIC.NET>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/19/1997 00:05:14
>     Huh?  Whats happening here?
>     Installed some packages.  Create a link in /usr/bin to the executable.

Usually, it's better to just install them in /usr/local/bin, but it's up
to you.  ;-)

>     What didn't I do?  Anyone?  Worse than that, why did rebooting fix it?
> ?
> Paul
>   Oh, I did this as root.  Yeah, I know....don't, but I haven't found
> adduser
>   yet, or gotten it off one of my Linux boxes.

Most shells keep a hash of the commands in the path.  If you are running
csh (the default for root undere NetBSD), use the csh built-in 'rehash'
command.  If you're using bash, it's 'hash -r'.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com